Goals for 1999
- Clarify licensing status/submit proposal to IDPH.
- Identify a market for the cooperative among caregiving families.
- Continue to gather information about apartment building acquisition and financing.
- Continue to explore existing housing options for seniors - assisted living, sheltered care, board and care, home sharing.
Annual Report for 1999
In 1999 the Senior Home Care Alternative continued to work toward achieving its first goal - that of developing a Senior Home Care Cooperative in the Chicago area. Specific accomplishments were as follows:
- Wrote and submitted a proposal to the Illinois Department of Public Health requesting a ruling in advance as to whether or not the Senior Home Care Cooperative would require a nursing home license. This was done with the assistance of a lawyer who specializes in cooperatives.
- Attended meetings of the Shared Housing Network of Illinois exploring the idea of an affiliation with this group.
|The Need for a Cooperative|
|Description of the Cooperative|
|Accomplished in 1997|
|Accomplished in 1998|
|Accomplished in 1999|
|Accomplished in 2000|
For more information please contact:
shca at spaces.org (email) or
Claudia George at (773) 248-2072.